Watercolor In November

Buddah and Bob watercolor  9"x12"
Getting together with friends to watercolor is good for the soul.   On a dreary November evening that consists of drizzling rain and wet leaves descending to the ground, a few of my watercolor comrades will be arriving to paint.  We will eat homemade pizza and then attempt to paint something that has caught our eye since the last time we have got together which was just last week.  Having this small group of painters that I see regularly has been beneficial in keeping me accountable and productive.  Even though I do not complete the watercolors that I start at these get togethers until later, I still make headway in trying new techniques and subject matter as well as sharing ideas.  Also, a little constructive criticism from an outside source that you trust is beneficial to the painting process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pen and Ink with a Little Watercolor

Nothing like the directness of a sketch done of the outdoors with the use of pen and ink.  It is challenging to get the variety of texture...

Popular Posts