Traveling Shoes


Chinese Cat from San Diego Museum of Art Asian Art collection
I have been traveling here and there the last few weeks and have not produced much in the way of completed artwork.  However, I have been busy on the creative front.  I would file it under incubation and maybe research and development.  I had the opportunity to go to San Diego for a week and experience beach life along the Pacific Ocean.  Everyday is a perfect day.  I got to visit Balboa Park and the San Diego Museum of Art, which is the region's oldest and largest art museum, hense, cat sculpture.

Next week I will be traveling to Minnesota in the lush of pine trees and lakes, starting in St. Paul and ending up in Bemidji where I will be quilting for the weekend.  Where everyday is the same perfect weather in San Diego, every day will be a mystery of atmosphere and color as I head north.  Autumn is the magic time.  

I signed up for an online sketchbook class from Dionne Swift.  She is a UK fiber artist/teacher.  I have included an interview with textileartist.org, a great website for fiber artists and creative inspiration in general.   http://www.textileartist.org/dionne-swift/  I am looking forward to starting this sketchbook class on the 19th of September and will include some of my processes as I work the problems out in visual form.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pen and Ink with a Little Watercolor

Nothing like the directness of a sketch done of the outdoors with the use of pen and ink.  It is challenging to get the variety of texture...

Popular Posts