San Diego Museum of Art

 

I had the amazing opportunity to visit my niece in San Diego this past week.  She lives just several blocks from Pacific Beach.  It has been a incredible time.  Today I had the opportunity to go to Balboa Park and visit the San Diego Museum of Art.  I was on a tight schedule due to the fact that we had a 16 month old along and I had one hour to view as much of the museum as possible in that time alone.  
Art museums are a spiritual experience for me.  It is like meeting old friends when I visit my favorite artists and view works I have never seen before.  Today there was an incredible quilt exhibit on loan from Boston.  Tomorrow I return to Iowa and hopefully get a few new paintings completed over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pen and Ink with a Little Watercolor

Nothing like the directness of a sketch done of the outdoors with the use of pen and ink.  It is challenging to get the variety of texture...

Popular Posts