Black Cat on a Black Chair

Toki 6"x6" Acrylic on Masonite Board  11-16


This was definitely a challenge for me.  This kitty is my daughters.  I already painted her other cat, Stella, on August 4th.  This is Toki.  A very black cat.  Back in August I cat sat for the two kitties for a week.  Toki was a little shy and didn't stick around much to socialize.  She did jump up on the refrigerator and stare at me while I watched the television.  I did manage to get a photograph of her on this black chair glaring up at me, at least long enough to get a photograph.  I like the perspective and the challenge of painting black on black.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pen and Ink with a Little Watercolor

Nothing like the directness of a sketch done of the outdoors with the use of pen and ink.  It is challenging to get the variety of texture...

Popular Posts