What have I learned?

Gracie 6"x6" Acrylic on board
I am posing a question for the holiday.  Usually we sit around the table at Thanksgiving and routinely say what we are thankful for.  It is important to reflect on these things that we take for granted.  Health and family are two big ones that come to mind.  However, this year I am reflecting on the things I have learned as well.  Last June I took a painting class in Grand Marais, MN which brought me back to acrylic painting.  It has also brought me to this blog.  I entered an artwork in our local Area Art Exhibition put on by the MacNider Art Museum here in Mason City, Iowa and was selected for showing.   I have also sold several of my works which is also reaffirming.These are all steps in the Creative Way that I have come forward and progressed.  So, this Thanksgiving, I am reflecting on the question of "What have I learned?"
Flexibility
Meeting people halfway
Keeping an open mind

The above painting is of Gracie.  This little dog is owned by a past student of mine.  I taught art in the local high school for many years and I was delighted to have the opportunity to paint this little guy for someone I had in class in the past.  Lots of unruly fur made the dog fun to paint with the liner brush.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pen and Ink with a Little Watercolor

Nothing like the directness of a sketch done of the outdoors with the use of pen and ink.  It is challenging to get the variety of texture...

Popular Posts