Oskar with Orange Tile

Oskar with Orange Tile  6"x6" Acrylic on Hardboard
This painting is of Oskar.  It is a commissioned painting for a birthday present.  Such fun.  The only request was that their might be some orange in the painting.  So, I thought the tile floor could easily have elements of orange in it with the contrasting blue lines.  I also like the perspective of looking down at Oskar as the owner of dogs generally do.

It has been awhile since I have posted and painted.  Life recently got complex and painting was not important for several months.  However, I am feeling stronger now and painting is a type of therapy presently.   My goal is to post a weekly painting or drawing or some sort on the blog.  Heres to good intentions!

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Caryl! My name is Michelle and I'm Oskar's owner! I love my painting so much, I had to go online and visit your website! And much to my surprise, the painting of my beautiful old guy was the first thing I saw. How exciting, it's like he's a celebrity!

    Anyway, I just wanted to thank you so, so much for the work of art. You are TRULY talented. How you captured his true essence without even knowing him I'll never know...but I'm forever grateful. I'ld like to order one of my other dog, Winnie. She's a total sass. Do you list your pricing anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I didn't get back to you right away. My daughter gets married in two days and it has been little hectic around here. I love doing commission work! My prices are as follows with shipping included:
      6x6 $60.00
      8x8. $75.00
      8x10. $90.00
      10x10. $100.00
      12x12. $125.00
      If you are interested, you would need to send me several photos of Winnie and the size painting you are interested in to cdahn@me.com and I will get in touch with you further on the specifics.

      Delete

Pen and Ink with a Little Watercolor

Nothing like the directness of a sketch done of the outdoors with the use of pen and ink.  It is challenging to get the variety of texture...

Popular Posts