Trying for the reflection

1/4 sheet 300# watercolor paper
This painting is unfinished but I wanted to include it as a work in progress.  As you can see, the upper left hand corner is incomplete.  The stem on the fruit is not finished as well as the checkers on the tablecloth going off the page.  This was a fun piece to learn about value as it relates to reflection.  I haven't worked with watercolor for quite some time so I had to get my head wrapped around the transparent medium once again.  Anne Abgott is a colorist and works her paints thick and intense. It was the type of class where we all painted the same thing fairly step by step.  I am anxious to try a few still lifes as well as items with reflections to see if I can advance my skills in this area.  It is good to occasionally try something new and see how it can translate into what you are doing in your own personal work,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pen and Ink with a Little Watercolor

Nothing like the directness of a sketch done of the outdoors with the use of pen and ink.  It is challenging to get the variety of texture...

Popular Posts