Drawing the Wild

 While camping over a long weekend I had the opportunity to take several hikes and therefore took many great photos of early August foliage in central Iowa woodlands. I didn't take my paints on this venture but did take my sketchbook and drawing supplies. This includes a small watercolor kit, Prismacolor permanent markers, and pencils. I don't want to make it so complicated that I don't get my supplies out and actually do something.
I found these flowers blooming a brilliant yellow everywhere. In the drawing I was thinking about negative space and developing receding space. I use my phone to take quick pictures as reference for later work. 
I am probably not done with this particular drawing. I need another pencil for darker contrast that I didn't bring. I might add color but that is a decision unmade at this point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pen and Ink with a Little Watercolor

Nothing like the directness of a sketch done of the outdoors with the use of pen and ink.  It is challenging to get the variety of texture...

Popular Posts