Making the Intangible Concrete

 
Charlie acrylic on Masonite  10"x10"

I started a painting I will be entering in a local art exhibition in a month or so.  It took me some time to really think about what it is I wanted to spend time painting.  The canvas is 18"x24" and I have gessoed it with black.  Last night I started sketching on the basic shapes and will complete that this evening.  I have some vague ideas about how I will approach this work but it is like I always told my students, a leap of faith.  You simply start and see where it leads.  It is a journey, as the metaphor goes.  
I included a painting I did of a dog named Charlie.  He is a rescue dog from a friend of mine that works in an animal rescue center in Ankeny, Iowa.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pen and Ink with a Little Watercolor

Nothing like the directness of a sketch done of the outdoors with the use of pen and ink.  It is challenging to get the variety of texture...

Popular Posts