Invasion

 
Stella  8"x8" acrylic on Masonite

I spent last week in Iowa City, IA taking care of my daughter's two cats, Stella and Toki.  I invited my sister from St. Paul, MN along for the ride.  We kept ourselves busy in this fun college town by trying out fun restaurants, shopping on the pedmall, going to a book reading at Prairie Light Bookstore, and sitting in the backyard eating salsa and chips made with fresh picked produce.  We even spent one day on RAGBRAI, a bike ride across Iowa, that was happening south of Iowa City a little ways.
Stella kept to herself during the week due to the fact that I brought Rondo, my dog, along and he would always want Stella to play.  Stella would have none of it.  The painting shows her in one of her more brissley moods.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pen and Ink with a Little Watercolor

Nothing like the directness of a sketch done of the outdoors with the use of pen and ink.  It is challenging to get the variety of texture...

Popular Posts