Update of Work in Progress. Cairns

When I was in Iowa City a few weeks ago I had the privilege of hearing Terry Tempest Williams speak about her new book The Hour of Land at the Prairie Light Bookstore, an independent bookstore in town.  Terry describes the book as a personal topography of America's National Parks.  I have not finished the book yet but it definitely help lead me into this current painting which I believe I have completed.  I plan to do a book review and a more complete connection of the book and my painting at a later time.



1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorites! I love the way you captured the peacefulness of an Inuksuk. I had the pleasure of walking along a pathway every day this past summer in Toronto and watching a man build Inuksuit every day. What a beautiful art that you captured beautifully and artistically!
    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Pen and Ink with a Little Watercolor

Nothing like the directness of a sketch done of the outdoors with the use of pen and ink.  It is challenging to get the variety of texture...

Popular Posts