Charlie

 
This painting was completed this week while I have been visiting Iowa City cat sitting for my daughter. I had the photo of Charlie from last spring, hense the dandelion.  I think I did a good job making his fir look fluffy.  He is a eight year old Lhasa Apso with a great disposition.  
I plan to paint the two cats in the near future, Stella and Toki.  They were much harder to keep track of than I had originally thought.  Rather sneaky, getting into their food when they weren't suppose to.  There was a learning curve involved with these two.  
Intimately it has been a slow week as far as painting.  However, I finished a book on acrylic painting which I will write a review on soon.  I also made a trip to Dick Blick here in Iowa City to purchase Golden Acrylic Gloss Medium to cover the painting before I put the final varnish on it.  Occasionally I do not put a finish on the surface and let the Matt gesso remain.  Then when it is held to the light it has a shiny, matt quality to it.  Not sure at this point which I like better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pen and Ink with a Little Watercolor

Nothing like the directness of a sketch done of the outdoors with the use of pen and ink.  It is challenging to get the variety of texture...

Popular Posts