Roadside Inspiration

Immanuel Lutheran Church  12"x12" acrylic on hardboard
This is a landscape painting of a church in Copperas Cove, Texas.  I was visiting there a couple years ago and knew I would paint this eventually.  There is a large hill directly behind the church grounds where it is possible to get a high vantage point from where I took the photo the painting is based on.  I haven't painted many landscapes so I am not sure if I am finished or not.  I may change the shadow on the roof of the church and play with the trees on the right some.
I do like the depth created in the painting and the road disappearing in the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pen and Ink with a Little Watercolor

Nothing like the directness of a sketch done of the outdoors with the use of pen and ink.  It is challenging to get the variety of texture...

Popular Posts