Unpredictable

Coffee Cup Acrylic 3'x2'
Last night we had a huge storm.  It came at 2:30 at night with straight line winds. Trees were twisted and torn, uprooted and tossed about.  In the morning the neighborhood looked like a war zone.  Luckily only minor damage was done to homes in the vicinity.  However, the destruction of the trees caused a sense of loss. Many in the neighborhood I had watch grow and change with the seasons.  Now they were the victim of chainsaws and dump trucks. You never know from one day to the next.  Life is certainly unpredictable.
I did paint today.  The painting I included today was not the result of my days efforts however.  My coffee mug was painted a couple weeks ago when I was just getting my feet wet in painting once more on a daily basis.  It is actually a rather large painting, 3'x2' done with acrylic on black gessoed paper.  It was an exercise used by my instructor, Kat Corrigan, at a workshop I was taking at Grand Marais, MN.

1 comment:

Pen and Ink with a Little Watercolor

Nothing like the directness of a sketch done of the outdoors with the use of pen and ink.  It is challenging to get the variety of texture...

Popular Posts