Rhythm and movement

Single Iris "8"x10"  acrylic on hardboard
I had an opportunity to visit our local county fair this morning.  The temperature was already creeping into the 90 degree range with a heat index close to 100.  Everyone was moving in slow motion but the general attitude of the attendees was that of fun and excitement.
I returned home at noon to a house full of company and an afternoon of visiting friends and relations I rarely see, reminiscing old stories as we remembered them.  We sat and talked as the air conditioner clicked on and off, fans humming, drinking ice tea and enjoying each other's company.  Last night was a full moon, the "Thunder Moon".  My zinnias are coming into full bloom as are the lowly marigolds that line my vegetable garden.   Summer has its own rhythm and movement.

I included in this post an earlier painting of a single iris that was painted in June.  A simple still life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pen and Ink with a Little Watercolor

Nothing like the directness of a sketch done of the outdoors with the use of pen and ink.  It is challenging to get the variety of texture...

Popular Posts