Defiance

Defiant Turtle  12"x12" acrylic on canvas
Creativity and defiance can go hand in hand.  Taking a stand on something requires courage and the ability to hold your ground when others do not agree with your actions.   Occasionally it takes this mindset to move foreword with ideas and certain breakthrough artworks that might not be mainstream.
The painting, Defiant Turtle, was inspired from a photo I took.  I was going canoeing in a nearby lake and this turtle stood directly in my path.  I ended up painting two versions of this little guy.  I will post the second painting at a later time.  I was definitely on his turf and I was the intruder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pen and Ink with a Little Watercolor

Nothing like the directness of a sketch done of the outdoors with the use of pen and ink.  It is challenging to get the variety of texture...

Popular Posts