Solitude

Quieting the mind is essential to creative exploration.  The continual chatter of my "to do" list bounces around my head as I take care of this and that.  When I finally eek out a bit of time to enter my studio and paint I first put on the music, get out my supplies, fill up the water jar, and begin the ritual that slides me into the zone.  It always amazes me how once I start the ritual how lost I can become in the process of painting.  How calming the process becomes to my inner self.  
The painting I am posting today is called Solitude.  It is a 6"x6" acrylic on hardboard of Lake Superior North Shore in northern Minnesota.  The sun is low and the horizon is lost in the distance as water and sky meld together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pen and Ink with a Little Watercolor

Nothing like the directness of a sketch done of the outdoors with the use of pen and ink.  It is challenging to get the variety of texture...

Popular Posts