Reading for Inspiration

Life has got in the way as I have been trying to sort out the various parts of my new endeavor of painting, buying supplies, getting set up, photographing subject matter, reading, and looking how best to market my work.  I am of the concept that if I do it all at once I will somehow bring it all together in a single mass.
Couple of books that have been helpful lately have been Daily Painting:  Paint Small and Often to Become a More Creative, Productive, and Successful Artist by Carol Marine.  The other book that I have been reading has been The Painter's Keys:  A Seminar with Robert Genn by Robert Genn.  Both have been instrumental in  guiding me forward on this path I am on presently.
The painting I included today was done from a photograph I took in Clear Lake, Iowa on the bike path that goes for about a mile through a prairie.  I call the piece Prairie Life due to all the activity that was surrounding the butterfly and plants as I rode through this area.  this is an 8"x8" acrylic painting on hardwood board.

1 comment:

  1. I love this painting, Caryl - You are an artist for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Pen and Ink with a Little Watercolor

Nothing like the directness of a sketch done of the outdoors with the use of pen and ink.  It is challenging to get the variety of texture...

Popular Posts